For a project in Remote we are looking for:
Network Architect and Project Management Consultant (m/w/d) ID34330
Duration: 01. November 2021 – 28. February 2022; The project is ongoing and is expected to continue until December 2023.
Volume: 688 hrs Remote
Project location: Remote
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are performed independently:
- Evaluate requirements & consumption of different business units by attending workshops with business representatives that will be conducted by the Project Manager.
- Advise client based on the evaluation and the information from the workshops.
- Analyze the business requirements and identify gaps. Consult client accordingly and create documentation with the results and proposed solutions in order to present it to Client for a sign off by the Head of Connectivity.
- Implement key changes identified during workshops or project meetings to improve the user’s experience of connectivity in the areas of WAN, SD-WAN, LAN and WLAN, Cloud networking (ER). Present the results to the Head of Connectivity for a sign-off.
- Implement key changes to the client ZScaler platform identified during workshops or project meetings. Present the results to the Head of Connectivity for a sign-off.
- Actively steer the implementation of the above mentioned key changes based on project plan by tracking activities and measures assigned to vendors (the goal is to improve network routing, diagnosis & resolution of issues causing IT incidents). Check if the documented changes by the 3rd party supplier are in conformance with the Client Connectivity Strategy and conduct the required technical changes; in the case of errors or missing changes, technically consult the supplier by attending meetings organised by the PM.
- Consult the vendors to implement the identified improvements and project results and implement the solutions.
- Consult 3rd parties to analyse and improve network routing and regarding the diagnosis and resolution of issues causing IT incidents (via MS Teams).
- Consult stakeholders and other actors within projects which have several dependencies on other infrastructure components and applications. That includes the involvement in meetings organised by PMs to discuss any potential negative impacts and alternative methods to check if the requirements can be met using different technology.
- Monitor the performance of Client’s network with use of the Client Network Monitoring System. Register any problem and inform the connectivity team via a Teams channel, if it has not already been raised automatically by the network monitoring system. Advise Client about measures to improve the performance. Client will sign it off and the IT partner DTBS will conduct the implementation.
- Define the Connectivity Change Roadmap which shows all potential change/improvement milestones for the different services. Consult the technology partners in the definition of the roadmap by using Powerpoint.
- Steer IT partners (DTBS, DXC and Microsoft) and Network Architects to implement the Connectivity Change Roadmap (includes SD-WAN adoption). Steer by checking if any planned changes by 3rd party suppliers are in line with the roadmap and will not cause any deviation or delays to project deliverables. Provide feedback based on knowledge regarding the Roadmap.
- Able to think how the network should be implemented, use best practices and document what they have done
- Network architecture including: LAN, WAN, Cisco, IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Firewalls & Peer P2P networks, within a service provider environment / enterprise network
- Good knowledge of JClient switches, Cisco routers, Checkpoint firewalls, Fortigate and Proof of concept type work
- Expertise in Datacentre and Azure networking
- DNS and AD skills required
- Express route and deep Azure networking cloud skills
- Netscout, Solarwinds and Wireshark with good network analytical skills
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills
- 2nd line support skills in the event of major IT incidents
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Dedicated Team Player
- Strong initiative and willingness to change
- Highly self-dependent, result- and process-oriented way of work
- Willing to regularly travel nationally and internationally; this is a key requirement of the role
- Minimum 15 years networking experience
- Ability to think “cloud” first
- Extensive experience of managing third parties, preferably gained in an outsourced IT environment
- Experience with Client’s IT infrastructure a plus
- English and German fluency essential